University charges other than tuition, fees, room and board, cannot be
paid automatically by Federal Title IV funds without your express authorization.
This includes charges such as parking, health services or balances from previous
semesters. Without a waiver, you must pay these charges even if a refund
check is received. If those charges remain unpaid, a Bursar Hold may be placed
on your account, restricting registration, use of athletic facilities and
To avoid this inconvenience, waivers are available. These waivers authorize
the UConn Bursar's Office to use Federal Title IV funds to pay any and all
charges that may appear on your fee bill.
After logging in, navigate to Title IV Financial Aid Waiver by clicking:
- Main Menu, then hover your mouse over Self-Service, and then click Student
Your Student Center appears.
- Scroll down the page to the Finances section. Click the Create Student Permissions link.
- The UCONN Student Permissions page displays. Click the Title IV Financial Aid Waiver link.
- Please read the Introduction Page, which explains the purpose of Title IV
financial aid waivers.
- Then click the Next Tab button
at the bottom of the page OR the Waiver tab at the top of the page to continue processing the waiver.
- On the UCONN Financial Aid Waiver page, select the radio button option
to authorize use of your Title IV financial aid funds to pay any and all charges.
- Then click the Create Waiver button.
- After clicking the Create Waiver button, a Waiver Successfully Created message displays.