UConn automatically enrolls students in the University health plan, however, if you have alternative coverage you can waive the University plan. If you fail to complete the waiver, it is assumed that you accept coverage offered under the University-sponsored health insurance plan, and the charge for that coverage will remain on your fee bill.
If you wish to opt out of the University plan, you must complete the Health
Deadline: Fall waivers must be submitted prior to September 15th. Spring waivers must be submitted prior to February 5th.
After logging in, navigate to Health Insurance Waiver by
- Main Menu, then hover your mouse over Self-Service, and then click Student
Your Student Center appears.
- Scroll down to the Finances section of the Student Center
and click the Create Student
- The UCONN Student Permissions page displays. Click the Health Insurance Waiver link.
- The UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT STUDENT INSURANCE WAIVER page appears. Review the introduction, and then answer the 6 questions to help you determine whether or not your private insurance coveragte is adequate.
- Complete the waiver form. Click the Insurance Company Name drop-down arrow to select your insurance company, and then enter the Insurance Co. Phone, Group Number, Policy / Member Number of your current coverage, and the Subscriber's Information, including
the student's Relationship to the subscriber.
- Read the acknowledgements, then enter your 7-digit PeopleSoft ID in the ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE field.
- Click the SUBMIT WAIVER REQUEST button.
Save/Print the confirmation page for your records.
By completing and saving the waiver form, you are not now covered under the
University-sponsored health insurance plan, and the charge for health insurance
will be removed from your fee bill.