A negative service indicator, or advising hold, can be assigned to a student which will restrict enrollment until the hold is removed. The negative service indicator button will display on all pages in the system for that individual.
After logging in, navigate to Assign a Service Indicator by clicking:
- Self Service in the Menu, then Faculty
- Click the Advisor Center tab at the top of the page.
The My Advisees page displays.
- Click View Student Details to see an advisee's Student Center.
- From the Student Center, select the general info tab to display the Service Indicators page.
- Select the edit service indicators button.
The Manage Service Indicators page displays.
- Click the Add Service Indicator link.
- Enter the Service Indicator Code of ENR in the Service Indicator Code field, or click the search button to select the code. This indicates enrollment is restricted.
- Enter the Service Indicator Reason CD of ADVIS in the Service Ind Reason Code field, or click the search button to select the code. This indicates Advising is required.
NOTE: If a hold already exists for the selected student, the negative service indicator icon displays at the top of the record. If a hold exists, you must first click the add button , then continue with the directions below.
- You must enter the term in which the enrollment restriction will be in effect in the StartTerm field. If you do not know the term code, you can click the search button then click Lookup and select the term from a list.
- The Active date is the date the hold becomes active. You may change it if necessary.
- The Contact ID field is optional. If desired, enter an appropriate contact ID for your department. The Contact Person field completes based on the Contact ID selected. To locate a contact ID, click the search button. Narrow the search by Campus ID and/or name then click Lookup and select the contact from the resulting list.
- The ID and name of the person placing the hold automatically appears in the Placed Person ID field and Placed By field.
- Scroll down to the bottom on the screen and click OK, and then click Apply.